RegulationsManor Hill Greek School Rules and Regulations
Rules and Regulations
The rules and regulations have as their main purpose:-
1. The smooth running of the School which will create a good working environment
2. To inform parents how the School operates and to bring to their notice their responsibilities and liabilities towards the School at which their children attend and to make the children aware of their duties towards the School.
Compliance with these rules and regulations will help to create a more orderly and conducive environment.
Observance of the School rules and regulations is obligatory amongst all pupils of all ages
Registrations for pupils intending to attend the School in any one year will be completed prior to the end of the first week of October.
Pupils who have attained the age of 6 years by the end of September in the year of registration will be registered in the first form
Pupils who have attained the age of 5 years by the end of September in the year of registration will be registered in the Pre-School form
Pupils who have attained the age of 4 years by the end of September in the year of registration will be registered in the Nursery
Children who attain the age of 2-4 years at any other time during the year may be registered in the Kindergarten providing there are available places.
The School operates each Wednesday evening between 6.00 p.m and 8.00 p.m. and each Saturday between 9.50 a.m. and 1.00 p.m.
All pupils will attend Assembly which will last for 10 minutes each Saturday morning before lessons.
Parents should collect their children from the School building or playground and not from the School carpark at 1.00 p.m. on Saturdays and at 8.00 p.m. on Wednesdays.
Adult classes are held on Wednesdays for students of all ages (adults and parents included) between 6.00 and 8.00 p.m. Students require to register for this class prior to the end of the first week in October provided there is availability.
Pupils may not be absent from School or miss lessons unless there is a good reason justifying such absence.
A letter requesting permission for these absences must be brought to the School in advance or in the event of absence due to medical reasons a letter to be brought by the pupil the following day upon which the School operates and handed to the form teacher.
(I) GENERAL: As you are aware the School hires the facilities from the English school ‘THE TOTTERIDGE ACADEMY’. Special care and attention must be taken by pupils to conduct themselves in such a manner so as not to give rise to any complaints from the staff of ‘THE TOTTERIDGE ACADEMY’.
Pupils are forbidden from touching, defacing or otherwise interfering with pictures, books, maps or equipment belonging to ‘TOTTERIDGE ACADEMY’ whether in or outside the classrooms.
Pupils are forbidden to bring with them to school any item which may be regarded as dangerous or likely to cause damage or injury other persons or to the classrooms or the equipment within the classrooms.
Children are forbidden to bring radios, mobile phones, mp3 players, ipods etc to school.
(Such items will be confiscated by the Headmaster)
(ii) IN THE CLASSROOM: Discipline, orderly behaviour, tidy work and good manners will be given particular attention to by the teachers
Pupils must wait quietly outside their classrooms until they are invited to enter
Pupils must behave themselves in the classroom and carry out the instructions of their teacher.
Pupils will ensure that the classrooms are left tidy and clean after every lesson
The school break will take place between 11.20 a.m. and 11.40 a.m. on Saturdays and between 7.00 p.m.and 7.15 p.m. on Wednesdays.
Pupils must not go into any area which is out of bounds during the break.
Fighting amongst pupils, the bullying of pupils by other pupils and the use of bad language will not be tolerated at school. Parents of children involved in such conduct will be informed by the Headmaster who may at his discretion suspend or expel such pupils.
Pupils will move in a quiet and orderly fashion in the corridors or on the stairs. Running will not be allowed within the school building
Smoking amongst pupils is absolutely forbidden and teachers and parents not allowed to smoke inside the school buildings or within the school grounds.
Pupils will be given homework each day in accordance with their age. Homework is obligatory and not voluntary.
In the event that a pupil is absent from school he or she is expected to find out from his classmates what homework has been set.
Where pupils have failed to produce any homework the teacher will notify the Headmaster who in turn will contact the parents direct.
Homework diaries will be given to each pupil which will be the property of the pupil into which will be written what homework has been set. Parents are expected to sign these homework diaries each day as an indication to the teacher that homework has been carried out.
Every pupil is expected to attend each school concert and not to do so on a voluntary basis.
Open days will be held each term and advance notification will be given to parents. Parents are expected to attend these Open Days at which they will be informed by the teacher of the progress their child has made during that term.
Progress reports will be given at the end of each term and a report card will be prepared for each pupil at the end of the Summer Term
The Headmaster will be available during school hours to discuss any matter of concern to any parent
(1) Parents will be notified of the level of school fees in advance prior to the commencement of each school year
(2) Fees in any one year will be due and payable by two equal instalments:-
(i) on or before the first day of the First Term and
(ii) on or before the first day of the Second Term.
It is essential for the good management of the School for parents to pay promptly upon presentation of the School fee invoice
(3) In the event of delay or default in the payment of the fees for periods exceeding one term, the
Board of Governors of the School may, at its discretion, exclude that child from school until payment is received in full
(4) Parents may pre-pay the school fees in advance for the whole of any school year and in so doing will be entitled to a discount of 5% of the amount due
(5) Parents with 3 or more children attending at school at any one time are entitled to a discount of:-
25% for the third child
100% for the fourth child
(6) In accordance with the constitution of the Independent Greek Educational Institute of Barnet, parents are expected to pay their annual subscription equivalent to ,10 per family per year and this will be incorporated in the invoice of the first term in each year which will be due and payable in accordance with paragraph (1) above.
(7) Payment of the annual subscription will entitle parents to attend and vote at meetings of the School including the Annual General Meeting. Please note that only parents who are fully paid up members of the School will be entitled to attend and vote at meetings.
(8) In addition the sum of £5 per annum will be payable in respect of each family for the School magazine (Ekfrasis) which is produced bi-annually at the end of the third term, the amount will be included in the invoice for the relevant term.